SKT’s distinguished team of attorneys offer decades of combined legal experience that includes nationally prominent and notable cases. Learn more about the results SKT delivers in the case studies below.
Featured Case Studies
SKT Case Studies
- Represented a high profile politician’s wife charged in Federal District Court with money laundering millions of dollars. Resulted in a probationary sentence.
- Represented defendant accused of money laundering and structuring 6 million dollars. Resulted in civil compromise with no criminal prosecution.
- Represented defendant accused of using a false passport and aiding a fugitive by the federal government. Resulted in no prosecution.
- Represented defendant accused by the US Attorney’s Office of misusing millions of dollars of charity money and money from government grants. Resulted in no prosecution.
- Represented defendant accused of sale of millions of dollars of precursor chemicals to methamphetamines, facing over twenty years under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. Resulted in a 3 1/2 year sentence.
- Prosecuted white-collar crime for US DOJ Public Corruption and Government Fraud Section; cases included public corruption, money laundering, health care fraud, HUD fraud, and immigration fraud.
- Prosecuted and tried only case in the Central District that convicted defendant of money-laundering for the purposes of tax evasion.
- Represented an international media corporation accused of copyright infringement. Resulted in a favorable settlement for less than 5% of damages demanded.
- Facilitated the entry of large Asian corporations into the U.S. market through business entity formation, the acquisition of necessary licensing, and adherence to regulatory commercial law.
- Negotiated and secured large real estate leases and acquisitions for foreign manufacturers into Asia.
- Obtained industrial certification and licensing for foreign corporations operating in Asia.
- Advised and liaised with government officials in Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Colombia, Panama, and Mexico for transnational energy, transportation, and social projects.
- Negotiated and prepared licensing agreements worldwide for an international entertainment corporation.
- Guided Vietnamese and Chinese EB-5 investors through each step of the EB-5 Visa.